Python is considered to be one of the most popular programming languages on the planet. It is also a programming language in great demand in the field of information technology. If we add the fact that it is a programming language that is very easy to learn, then we already have several reasons to start our learning adventure immediately and without delays!
On completion of this e-course you will be able to:
• Understand key concepts relating to computing and the typical activities involved in creating a program.
• Understand and use computational thinking techniques like problem decomposition, pattern recognition, abstraction and algorithms to analyze a problem and develop solutions.
• Write, test and modify algorithms for a program using flowcharts and pseudocode.
• Understand key principles and terms associated with coding and the importance of well-structured and documented code.
• Understand and use programming constructs like variables, data types, and logic in a program.
• Improve efficiency and functionality by using iteration, conditional statements, procedures and functions, as well as events and commands in a program.
• Test and debug a program and ensure it meets requirements before release.
This e-course is intended for students from 12 years old.
Includes, among other tools, short funny cartoon – style video clips, quizzes, exercises, solutions of exercises, educational games, projects, accompanying documents and presentations.
Educational Games (Screenshots)
A special feature of the videos contained in these educational resources is that they are short cartoon films where each hero has a very unique and humorous personality.
[s3mm type=”video” s3bucket=”coyotelearner” s3region=”eu-central-1″ files=”PythonEN/video final with microbit.mp4″ splash=”http://coyotelearner.co/wp-content/uploads/2018/08/introvideofull.jpg” /]
The educational resources you will find in this e-course also include educational robotics activities as Edison Robot can be programmed with Python. This means that the student sees his code come to life, which helps him in particular to achieve the educational goals of each unit.
The latest addition is the integration of activities with the Micro: bit microcontroller, which may also be programmed with (micro) Python.
A curriculum of 55 teaching hours is proposed.
A teachers’ book is available containing lesson plans, tips, additional resources, and exercise solutions. Follow the link in the image below to view the teachers’ book:
Upon completion of the course, the student will be awarded with the Coyotelearner’s STEM Academy Certificate of Completion.
[pdfviewer width="100%" height="2000px" beta="true/false"]http://coyotelearner.co/wp-content/uploads/2020/01/InPython-Course-Contents_compressed.pdf[/pdfviewer]