Programming My Robot! (School Edition)
Jason is a robot specialist. He is also a cartoon with interesting personality. Through a series of 21 lessons (39 modules) with videos, activities and quizzes, students are guided to control Edison robot. Designed for kids aged 8+ years old.
In 21 sections you will watch high quality videos where I, Jason, will guide you, as simply as possible, through various lesson activities that will help you conquer important educational goals.
Initially, you will get to know Edison through a short series of playful activities using simple barcode programming: Clap controlled driving, follow the light, stay in borders, sumo wrestle and many more!
Then you will make your own programs for Edison to do more: drive through a maze, avoid the light, play music, dance, even becoming a train and so many more. Programming Edison is very easy through EdBlocks: Just drag and drop the blocks you want to build a program.
Since you have learned to program Edison, it’s time to build bigger robots: A crane, a digger, a roboclaw, a tank and a printer are waiting for you to build using building bricks (EdCreate).
You will also program these robots to take part in “real-world” scenarios on specially designed printable tracks: fire extinguishing, manipulating radioactive materials, printing drawings, remote controlled constructing and ship loading.
Finally 5 more challenges are waiting for you: a mousetrap, a combination safe, a cotton-ball launcher, a burglar alarm and a robo-monster. You will design, build and program your own robots, using Edison and EdCreate bricks!
Learning Subject: Robotics
Ages addressed: 8+ years old
School Edition: Yes
24 Funny Cartoon Video Clips
5 Challenges with Suggested Solutions
Teacher’s Guide availability: Yes
Train project video sample: Project Video sample
A video tour inside the course: Video
Exercises and solutions, Crossword games, Millionaire Games, Hangman Games
And many many more…
- Clap controlled driving SE
- Comprehension Questions - Clap controlled driving SE
- Avoid obstacles SE
- Comprehension Questions - Avoid obstacles SE
- Follow torch SE
- Comprehension Questions - Follow torch SE
- Line tracking SE
- Comprehension Questions - Line tracking SE
- Bounce in borders SE
- Comprehension Questions - Bounce in borders SE
- Remote control driving SE
- Comprehension Questions - Remote control driving SE
- Sumo wrestle SE
- Comprehension Questions - Sumo wrestle SE
Edblocks Let's program Edison module 1
Edblocks Let's program Edison module 2
Edblocks Let's program Edison module 3
- Let's use the lights SE
- Comprehensive Questions – Let's use the lights SE
- Let's detect obstacles SE
- Comprehension Questions – Let's detect obstacles SE
- Let's detect and avoid SE
- Comprehension Questions – Let's detect and avoid SE
- Let’s stay in the borders SE
- Comprehension Questions – Let's stay in borders SE